We’ve compiled a list of 32 castle hotels in Belgium you can book online including a full range of accommodations from 5-star hotels to castles you can rent for family holidays to your dream Belgian wedding castle.
One of the little-known facts about Belgium is there are more castles within its borders, per capita than France, a country famed for its chateaux. Many of Belgium’s grand buildings are open to the public for visits and tours but who hasn’t imagined staying in a castle overnight?
If you want to live your dream of the luxe life, you’re in luck. There are plenty of castles and chateaux in Belgium offering a variety of accommodations from the ultimate in luxury to B&B-style cosy comforts. You can even rent entire castles to stay in with friends or family, have a dream castle wedding, or host your next corporate event.
We’ve received numerous emails from readers looking for the perfect Belgian castle stay, so we decided to put on our research caps to compile the Ultimate Guide to Belgian Castle Hotels & Accommodations.
Table of Contents
- Castle Hotels in Flanders, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in Antwerp, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in East Flanders
- Castle Hotels in Flemish Brabant
- Castle Hotels in Liege, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in Limburg, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in Luxembourg, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in Namur, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in Walloon Brabant, Belgium
- Castle Hotels in West Flanders, Belgium
We’ve sorted the castle accommodations by their region in Belgium. If you’d like to know more about what to see and do in the area, follow the link provided to our detailed landing page for each region. At the end of this article, you’ll find a map of all the castle accommodations so you can see exactly where they are located.
The castles fall into a variety of styles of accommodation with different amenities and services. We’ve created a table to help you find just the right castle accommodation for you.
|Parking – Additional Charge||Breakfast – Additional Charge|
|Parking – Free||Breakfast – Included|
|No Pets Allowed||Bar|
[Note: The links below are affiliates through Booking.com, the booking site we use ourselves, and we’ll get a small commission at no additional cost to you.]
Castle Hotels in Flanders, Belgium
Castle Hotels in Antwerp, Belgium
Learn about all the things to do in Antwerp, Belgium.
1. Hotel Kasteel Solhof, AartselaarThis pretty manor house in a quiet town on the outskirts of Antwerp offers 4-star luxury. The rooms feature modern, elegant design in earth tones, with sumptuous linens and comfy beds. Enjoy the green surroundings from the terrace or wander through the garden. You’re just 2 minutes from an 18-hole golf course and 10 minutes from central Antwerp. The hotel features a bar and staff members are happy to give recommendations for nearby restaurants. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in East Flanders
Read more about things to do in East Flanders, Belgium.
2. B&B Kasteel De Windt
This grand manor house is just 9 miles from Antwerp and 25 from Brussels. Enjoy the pretty flower garden or rent a bike to explore the village. The friendly owners will make you feel right at home, and you’ll be well fueled for the day on the extensive breakfast. Free wifi and parking make this cozy castle a great value for money. Check the latest prices.
Escape to the Flemish countryside and live like the gentry inside this fortified farm manor. Explore the extensive gardens and grounds, visit the animals, or rent a bike to discover the excellent trail network. You can even purchase delicious local produce at the gift shop. This property gets top marks from guests and is only 11 miles from Ghent. Check the latest prices.
4. Holiday Home Kasteel Ter LeyenWhy only rent a room when you can rent the entire castle? For the ultimate castle getaway for you and a dozen of your favourite people, look no further than Kasteel Ter Leyen in Boekhoute, between Bruges and Antwerp. The castle comes with a fully equipped kitchen and is furnished with period furniture. There’s even a sauna and bar area for entertaining. The castle is the perfect setting for a romantic wedding or family reunion or simply a luxurious holiday with friends. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in Flemish Brabant
Read about more things to do in Flemish Brabant, Belgium.
5. Thermae Boetfort HotelOur favourite spa in Belgium just happens to be located on the grounds of a 400-year-old castle. The Thermae Boetfort spa, just outside of Brussels is the ultimate relaxing spa getaway. The spa facilities are in the former barn and carriage house while the castle itself is home to the restaurant and some of the accommodations. As an added bonus, the hotel is near Brussels International Airport, making it possible to indulge in luxury and relaxation before your flight home. Check the latest prices.
6. Kasteel GravenhofIf you’re looking for a castle with the wow factor, Kasteel Gravenhof in Dworp is it. Just a 20-minute drive from Brussels, this impressive castle surrounded by forest feels a world away. The guest rooms are the height of modern luxury, while the common areas present a timeless elegance. Enjoy a meal in the onsite Belgian restaurant or dine on the sunny terrace. The hotel is pet and family-friendly with a great children’s play area. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the Gravenhof is an excellent value for money. This is definitely one of our top castle hotel picks in Belgium. Check the latest prices.
7. B&B Baron’s House Neerijse-Leuven
The Baron’s House is a fortified farm dating from 1705, lovingly restored as a comfortable B&B. The rooms a decorated in contemporary earth-tones with all the modern conveniences necessary for a relaxing stay. The B&B is close to both Brussels and Leuven but located in a picturesque and tranquil rural setting. Explore the extensive grounds on foot or rent a bike on site to wander further afield. The Baron’s House gets top marks for service, cleanliness, and value for money. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in Liege, Belgium
Read more about the things to do in Liege, Belgium
8. Manoir de Lébioles
Manoir de Lébioles screams 5-star luxury. From the outside, the grand country manor, dating from 1905 exudes stately elegance from the formal gardens to the classic turrets. Inside, the guest rooms are contemporary and sumptuous, from the rain showers and deep soaking tubs to the plush bedding. Relax in the extensive free spa facilities or indulge in a gourmet meal in the restaurant. If you can tear yourself away from this gorgeous luxury hotel, you’re only 10 minutes away from Spa’s city-centre or 15 minutes from the Royal Golf Club des Fagnes. Check the latest prices.
9. Château de HarzéThe Belgian Ardennes are a romantic getaway destination. What could be more romantic than a weekend (or more) at a historic castle in a tiny Ardennes village? The Château de Harzé boasts extensive grounds including a heritage-listed fountain, an on-site restaurant, and a full range of contemporary rooms. There are plenty of attractions in the area, including Durbuy, one of Belgium’s prettiest villages. Check the latest prices.
10. Château de Hodbomont
For classical ambiance inside and out, the Château de Hodbomont is an excellent choice of hotel in Theux, Belgium. Here you can choose from a wide variety of rooms ranging from a classic double to a two-bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, perfect for a family holiday. The chateau is only two miles from Franchimont Castle and four from Spa. Choose from a variety of restaurants within walking distance in the town. You can even rent the chateau’s historic horse-drawn carriage (complete with liveried driver) for a 2-hour ride through the Ardennes countryside. Did somebody say heaven? Check the latest prices.
11. Chateau Neufays
Also located near picturesque Theux is the Chateau Neufays offering several suites for larger groups. Choose from the one or two bedroom suite sleeping four or the three bedroom suite that sleeps 6 – perfect for a girlfriend’s getaway or a multi-generational family holiday. The suites have their own kitchens (complete with dishwashers), wifi, balconies, and separate living rooms. Enjoy the extensive garden and even have your own BBQ. The chateau is a short drive from Spa and the famous waterfalls of Coo. Check the latest prices.
12. Le Château des Thermes
While the nearby city of Spa is known around the world for its healing waters, Chaudfontaine is less famous but equally thermal. At Le Château des Thermes, you can indulge with those in-the-know and escape the masses. Access to the spa facilities are free to guests, and you can choose from indoor and outdoor pools, three saunas, a Turkish bath, or relax in the zen garden. You can also indulge in a variety of a la carte spa treatments or dine in style at the healthy gastronomic restaurant. The soundproofed modern rooms are sumptuously decorated, and there are plenty of activities and attractions nearby if you need to take a break from all that indulgence. Check the latest prices.
13. Domaine Du Chateau De La NeuvilleNestled in the city of Tihange, Domaine Du Chateau De La Neuville is just a few miles from the Fort de Huy, a massive stone fortress that is sure to impress history buffs, and its museum. The building, which has a historic manor vibe, is a sight to behold and the rooms are generously sized, ensuring you will have a comfortable stay. Inside, the spaces combine charming features like thick wood trim and wainscoting with modern conveniences, such as WiFi, in-room televisions, and well-appointed bathrooms. If you are travelling by bicycle or motorcycle, you can also take advantage of the free on-site parking, which is especially convenient. Check the latest prices.
14. Chateau Bleu
Located on the edge of Trooz, Chateau Bleu is a historic castle with many of its original features intact. Antique furniture punctuates the rooms, making them feel stately, while modern pieces enhance the comfort of the spaces. Updated amenities, like WiFi and cable television, ensure you can remain connected during your stay. The on-site restaurant serves traditional French cuisine, and the dining space has stunning views of the surrounding forest. In warmer months, guests can enjoy a drink from the bar on the spacious terrace. Check the latest prices.
15. Château de Limont
A magnificent 19th-century castle surrounded by a beautiful garden, Château de Limont is as elegant as it is comfortable. Every room has a view of the garden, which is especially spectacular when in bloom during the spring and summer months. Classic furnishings give the rooms historic charm while on-site spa options, including massages, make it ideal for travellers who want an indulgent way to relax. The on-site restaurant serves a varied menu and has wine options from the castle’s private collection. Each morning, there is a complimentary continental breakfast which can be upgraded to a lavish buffet for a small fee when the reservation is made. Free parking is also available to guests, making it a great option for those travelling by car or motorcycle. Check the latest prices.
16. Le Chateau De Balmoral
If you are travelling with a large group and prefer a more private experience, Le Chateau De Balmoral functions as a self-catered holiday home you can have all to yourself. Located just under three miles from Thermes de Spa, the property is conveniently located. Plus, you can enjoy the private garden, pool, and grilling facilities as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Along with five bedrooms, this castle boasts two well-appointed bathrooms complete with a hot tub and shower. For those travelling with their furry family members, the property is also pet-friendly, meaning your canine or feline companions are just as welcome as any other part of your travelling group. Check the latest prices.
This 19th-century manor house sits within a wooded area. Even though it is only half a mile from the center of Spa, the surroundings give New-Castle a private feel. Each suite features unique design elements for a true one-of-a-kind experience. Original and restored woodwork abounds, giving the castle an old-world feel. A free breakfast is also provided to guests, and parking is available for no additional cost. Along with quick access to town, hiking trails are also accessible throughout the area, allowing you to enjoy some time in nature throughout your stay. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in Limburg, Belgium
Read more about things to do in Limburg, Belgium
18. Kasteel Wurfeld
With spacious, landscaped grounds that feature a terrace and a pond, Kasteel Wurfeld is a substantial property featuring charming architectural elements and a grand feel. The park-like setting is particularly enjoyable during the spring and summer when the flowers are in bloom, and the ducks take up residence at the pond. For added convenience, there is a gourmet restaurant on-site with a fresh, seasonal menu and a lengthy wine list. A breakfast buffet is also served daily, ensuring you can get your day started on the right foot. The rooms are also quite spacious, making them ideal after a long day spent exploring. Maaseik is just one mile away, so getting there on foot is a breeze. If you would like to venture out further, guests can take advantage of the bike rental service. Check the latest prices.
19. Kasteel NieuwenhovenLocated in Sint-Truiden, Kasteel Nieuwenhoven is a stately property separated into apartments. Some rooms feature their own separate dining areas or terraces, while all have at least a kitchenette (some have full kitchens with ovens) and access to free WiFi. All of the guest quarters are also generously sized, making them especially comfortable. If you have several cities you would like to visit, Kasteel Nieuwenhoven is a convenient base. You can easily head to Maastricht, Valkenburg, Liege, and Leuven during your stay, ensuring you don’t have to change hotels during your journey. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in Luxembourg, Belgium
Read more about things to do in Luxembourg, Belgium
20. Chateau d’HassonvilleNestled in a private park, Chateau d’Hassonville features elegantly decorated rooms, each with a private bath. The Le Grand Pavillon restaurant is on-site, offering high-quality regional cuisine and access to wine from the private cellar. Part of the dining room sits under glass, allowing you to enjoy the picturesque grounds while you eat. The castle is punctuated with numerous salons, including one with an open fireplace. During the warmer months, the veranda is an excellent place to sit and relax outdoors, or, if the weather isn’t on your side, you can enjoy a drink at the hotel bar. Check the latest prices.
21. Le Château de RendeuxSituated in the heart of the Belgian Ardennes, Le Château de Rendeux overlooks the breathtaking Ourthe River. Every guest room in the castle has a view of either the castle or the well-manicured courtyard and features a sitting area and work desk. In the cellar of the castle, you’ll find the on-site restaurant. Offering French cuisine, the a la carte menu shifts with the seasons and magnificent wines are always available. Guests can also take advantage of on-site parking, and, in 30 minutes or less, can reach La-Roche-en-Ardennes or Houffalize, making it a great location for anyone who wants to explore those areas as well. Check the latest prices.
22. Chateau De Latour
With many of the interior stone walls not just intact, but left fully exposed, Chateau De Latour has a genuine medieval castle feel. The public spaces are decorated to enhance the original design of the castle, giving many of them a regal vibe that isn’t easy to capture. If you want to spend some time on the grounds, consider enjoying the courtyard and amazing views of the Vire River valley and the hills of Gaume. You can also dine at the restaurant, allowing you to enjoy a tasty treat in the evening. The small village of Latour is accessible by foot, making it an ideal starting point for a stroll that will ultimately take you to the quaint and charming town. As a bonus, Chateau De Latour is also moderately priced, making it a strong choice for the budget-conscious traveller. Check the latest prices.
23. Hotel Le Manoir
Just a two-minute walk from Marche-en-Famenne, Hotel Le Manoir has an elegant, castle-esque exterior with a modernized interior. The furnishings and décor feel especially sleek while the striking colour palette makes the simplicity of the interior incredibly engaging. The wood floors add a rustic quality, grounding the spaces, and adding a hint of old-world charm. Guests can also take advantage of free WiFi, seating areas, and in-room televisions. Plus, the on-site restaurant offers a wide range of options, ensuring everyone will find an enjoyable option on the menu. Check the latest prices.
24. Nuts Castle
Another holiday home, Nuts Castle gives you the ability to have a Belgian castle all to yourself. Located in Bastogne, the property features six bedrooms, a full kitchen, and two bathrooms. Plus, you can enjoy the manicured garden, terrace, and a private tennis court. Travellers with children can take advantage of the playground as well, giving the kids a place to run around and release energy. For quieter evenings, you can pull down the movie screen and play your favourite film using the projector or curl up in front of the fireplace. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in Namur, Belgium
Read more about things to do in Namur, Belgium
25. Château de la Poste
A mere 2.5 miles from Crupet, Chateau de la Poste dates back to 1884. The elegant rooms feature architectural details like wainscoting and crown moulding, while the furnishings add a modern flair and bright colours. The public spaces also combine charming details with modern comfort. Exposed beams and carved woodwork are combined with comfortable, understated seating that brings multiple styles together cohesively. From the terrace, you can take in views of the Belgian Condroz region. If you fancy a meal, the restaurant offers dishes made with local farm products, making the options fresh and regional. For a bit of fun, you can take advantage of the game room which includes an air hockey table, billiards, and more, or head outside for a torchlit walk or a little mini golf. Check the latest prices.
26. Le Château de Namur
Château de Namur is situated less than 500 feet from the Citadel of Namur and sits in a spacious park with magnificent grounds. The on-site fitness center and tennis court give you options for staying active while you travel, while the restaurant ensures a fantastic meal is always just steps away. If you want to explore Saint Aubin’s Cathedral, the Royal Theatre, or the Belfry of Namur, they are all less than 10 minutes away. If you’re going to head out further, you can catch a ride at the Namur Train Station which is just two miles from the property. Check the latest prices.
27. Best Western Dinant Castel de Pont-à-Lesse
Located in the heart of the Ardennes, Castel de Pont-a-Lesse is a renovated manor just 3.1 miles from Dinant’s city center. Along with an indoor pool and hot tub, you can take advantage of the terrace, restaurant, and hotel bar. The property is surrounded by a lush park which features a beautiful arboretum. For those who appreciate history, the Citadelle de Dinant is just over three miles from the manor. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in Walloon Brabant, Belgium
Read more about things to do in Walloon Brabant, Belgium
28. Martin’s Château Du LacIf you are looking for a bit of luxury, this century-old castle features five-star rooms featuring high-end décor and finishes. The rooms at Chateau De Lac are incredibly spacious, and each has a modern bathroom. The on-site spa also makes it easy for weary travellers to relax. You can get a massage or facial, or simply spend time in the sauna or hot tub, both of which are located near the pool. Foodies may want to head to Genval-Les-Bains, the lounge and bar that serves gourmet cuisine in a modern but casual setting. Check the latest prices.
29. Martin’s Manoir
A charming mansion featuring Victorian styling, Martin’s Manoir combines classic elegance and modern convenience. The décor is as timeless as it is regal, giving the entire property a very sophisticated air. The garden terrace is ideal for enjoying some time outdoors during the warmer months, or you can head to Genval Lake for a stroll, as it is only five minutes away by foot. Thanks to the nearby Genval railway station, you can also easily get to Brussels from the manor, allowing you to stay at the castle while exploring the amazing city. Check the latest prices.
Castle Hotels in West Flanders, Belgium
Read more about things to do in West Flanders, Belgium
30. Hotel Dukes’ PalaceA 15th-century former ducal residence, Hotel Dukes’ Palace is a five-star hotel located in Bruges, one of Belgium’s most captivating cities. The property has an air of sophistication, with large, well-appointed rooms featuring clean lines and an earthy colour palette. Many Bruges landmarks are just minutes away, including city hall, Beguinage, Bruges Vrije, Eiermarkt, and the Groeninge Museum. Many of the rooms also have spectacular city views, allowing you to enjoy the architecture while relaxing at the end of the day. Seasonally selected Belgian cuisine is available year-round at the restaurant and, during the summer, the hotel hosts a high tea on the garden’s terrace. Check the latest prices.
31. B&B ‘t Kasteel & ‘t Koetshuys
If you want to slow down and relax when you travel, ‘t Kasteel & ‘t Koetshuys is a cozy bed and breakfast located in the center of Veurne. The 17th-century village has a quaint charm and is just 4.3 miles from De Panne. Each room is unique at this B&B, and spa treatments are available on-site. Every morning, guests enjoy a breakfast featuring fresh bread and eggs, giving you the energy you need to explore the area or simply start the day off right. Check the latest prices.
32. Hotel Lodewijk Van Male
The park-like setting gives Hotel Lodewijk Van Male a country estate feel, yet it is just seven minutes away from Bruges by car. The large property features a garden and pond, creating the ideal environment for a leisurely afternoon of rest and relaxation. Each uniquely decorated room has its own charm, though all have a private bathroom with their own bathtub. If you want to dine on-site, the restaurant uses only the freshest ingredients. Guests can also enjoy wine from the hotel’s private cellar. Check the latest prices.
Our Top 32 Castle Hotels Map
If you’d like to see exactly where each of the castle hotels in Belgium is located, check out the map below.
We hope this round-up of castle hotels in Belgium provides you with the perfect place to stay to live out all your castle fantasies.