How I Spent My Summer Vacation

By alison - September 7, 2010 (Updated: November 24, 2014)

Las Vegas, San Fransisco, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick ā€“ Iā€™m not sure why I thought Iā€™d have lots of time to blog from the road this summer. I have loads of photos and articles in the works for you and some great adventures to share. For now, I hope you enjoy this little photo essay on How I Spent My Summer Vacation.

Golden Nugget, Fremont Street, Las Vegas

Exploring the beautiful Bay of Fundy coast in New Brunswick

Exploring the beautiful Bay of Fundy coast in New Brunswick
Discovering the perfect Lobster Roll

Discovering the perfect Lobster Roll
Sunset on Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick

Sunset on Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick

How did you spend your summer vacation?

Alison Cornford-Matheson is a Canadian freelance writer and travel photographer and the founder of Cheeseweb.eu. She is the author of The Foodie Guide to Brussels: Local Tips for Restaurants, Shops, Hotels, and Activities. Alison landed in Belgium in 2005 and, over the years, has become passionate about slow and sustainable travel, in Europe and beyond. She loves to discover hidden gems - be they museums, shops, restaurants, castles, gardens or landscapes, and share them through her words and photos. She has visited 45 countries and is currently slow travelling through North America in an RV, with her husband, Andrew, and two well-travelled cats. You can also follow her work on Google+
Cheese + Goats = My personal heaven. We discover an oasis in the cheese desert. https://t.co/Os8U86UEiX - 7 hours ago

1. Comment by Nomadic Chick

Nomadic Chick September 7, 2010 at 15:06

Wonderful! You’re back and providing stunning photos again. Glad I was a small piece of that vacation. šŸ™‚

Alison September 7, 2010 at 15:34

Thanks Jeannie! It was great to meet you and I hope you’re living it up in the East coast!

expatraveler September 7, 2010 at 17:53

Oh those are awesome photos!!!! Yes I did miss your photos while you were away… I spent my vacation working…. Oh but I guess I did have 5 days off exploring Victoria… Nowhere near as exciting as what you did! šŸ™‚ Can’t wait to hear more.

Alison September 7, 2010 at 17:58

Thank you! Just had a quick peek at your Victoria photos and it looks stunning! BC would definitely be exciting for me šŸ™‚ Hopefully next year!

3. Comment by Sherry Ott

Sherry Ott September 10, 2010 at 00:31

I love the shot of the Aquarium! Wow – what a great way to tell the story of your summer…the pictures speak a thousand words!

Alison September 10, 2010 at 10:52

Thanks Sherry! The words are coming too but the photos were more fun to process šŸ™‚

4. Comment by Sue

Sue September 14, 2010 at 23:12

OMG…you were in Canada!! I thought I could sense your energy in my sphere…I guess Quebec is never going to be on your itinerary again? Come on….what are the odds of forgetting your purse in a restaurant on the road and adding an extra 6 hours to your already long drive?

What did I do this summer??? I worked and worked and had lots of visitors here in St. Andre-Avellin….Here is a link to the music festival I was working for in July Aug and September…Check out some of my pics there… http://www.musiquennous.ca/ click on their facebook site and check out the albums…so far I photographed 12 different concerts and the last one happens this Friday night…Great experience but no time for long drives to Nova Scotia or anywhere….

What are you doing in january?
    Sue

Alison September 21, 2010 at 09:57

Hey Sue! We just got back from Poland last night but I’ll drop you an email as soon as I catch my breath!

5. Comment by Mary R

Mary R October 4, 2010 at 08:50

Dear Alison,

So happy to have found your blog! Now that is a summer vacation worth bragging about! Those photos are gorgeous… especially the last one!

My summer vacation, I hiked Mt Fuji, went to San Diego and LA, and visited Macau.

Alison October 4, 2010 at 09:49

Welcome to CheeseWeb Mary and thanks so much. Sounds like you had a pretty fabulous summer too!