So you want to be a guest contributor for CheeseWeb… Great! We love sharing personal stories from fellow expats and travellers. Here are a few things you should know before submitting your article:
- Guest Contributors are fellow bloggers, expats, photographers and travellers, NOT content writers and companies. If you want to promote your business, please contact our advertising department about sponsored posts, reviews and other advertising options.
- Please send us your pitch for one or two article ideas before sending us your final draft. This is to ensure your article is relevant to our site and hasn’t been covered already before you spend time writing it. Please also include a link to your website and links to one or two articles you feel are your best work.
- Before pitching us, please be familiar with our website, readers and topics we cover. Use the search function to ensure your topic hasn’t already been covered. Please read a few recent articles to understand our topics and tone.
- CheeseWeb articles tend to be 800-1500 words. Posts can be longer in some circumstances, but please discuss this with us first. It is possible to make longer posts into a series if we deem it necessary.
- Authors are responsible for their own fact-checking and will be liable for any errors in their articles.
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- We reserve the right to refuse publication.
- All articles must be unique and not cross-posted to other websites. We check for content plagiarised from other sites including Wikipedia. Make sure all content is your own.
- All posts will be edited for grammar, length and SEO purposes.
- Once your article has been accepted, we will require an author bio of 50-80 words. Here you can include links to your website and social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc.)
- Author photos are pulled from Gravatar.com. If you already have an account, please send us the email address that is associated with it. If you do not yet have an account, the set-up is quick and easy. If you require help, we’ll be happy to assist.
- It is not necessary to provide photos or video with your articles, however, if you choose to do so, it must be your own work. You, as creator will retain copyright to all media submitted. However, we reserve the right to edit photos for size, crop, contrast and colour balance.
Why should you write for CheeseWeb? We’ll share your story with our 50,000-60,000 monthly unique visitors, exposing you and your work to a whole new audience. In addition, we promote all of our posts, including those from guest contributors, to our social media network. Your article will be tweeted, posted to Google+ and Pinterest, shared on Facebook and LinkedIn and publicised in any groups that are relevant.
Contact us now and share your story ideas with us!