Living Abroad a Video Interview Series by Jon Vannoy

By jon - February 8, 2012 (Updated: December 1, 2014)

This entry is part 1 of 5 in the series Living Abroad Videos.
Living Abroad Video Interview Series

Introducing our new video series, Living Abroad, by Jon Vannoy

We have something a bit different to share with you today and it’s something we’re very excited about.

American expat Jon Vannoy, who now lives in Antwerp, has started a new video project he’s agreed to share with the CheeseWeb audience.

Jon will be interviewing people in Belgium about their experiences living abroad. These folks come from all different backgrounds and nationalities, but each have stories to share about expat and immigrant life.

This first video is with Jon, himself, explaining the project.

If you can’t see the video, watch it on-line:  Living Abroad – Introduction.

We’d love to hear your feedback about Jon’s new series in the comments below.

Looking for more resources for expats living abroad? Check out our Expat Resources page.

Jon

Jon

Jon is a freelance filmmaker, editor, and techno geek living in Belgium and originally from America. He also has a career background in business management and produces the majority of his media work for the international business community.

1. Comment by Josh Vannoy

Josh Vannoy February 8, 2012 at 21:16

That’s sweet Jon, I’ll be sure to check more of it out! Keep me posted bigman!

2. Comment by Stassie Zaprianova-King

Stassie Zaprianova-King February 8, 2012 at 22:23

This is a great idea and opportunity to share experiences. I am an expat coach and cross cultural trainer and a lot of my clients are new comers to Belgium! I have been living in Belgium with my family for the last 7 years. My husband is British, I am Bulgarian, and we have two kids. We lived in Brussels, (1 year), in Antwerp – 5, and now we’ve moved to Mol. I’d love to help the project, if possible, Jon. Thank you for this great initiative!

3. Comment by Jon

Jon February 9, 2012 at 12:11

Thanks for the comments Josh and Stassie. I’m looking forward to watching this grow. Our first interview is planned to be up by sometime next week, so stay tuned!

4. Comment by Andrew

Andrew

Andrew February 10, 2012 at 11:25

Jon, Great video… loved the intro and I’m looking forward to the next episode in the series!

5. Comment by Jon

Jon February 10, 2012 at 17:15

Thanks Andrew! I’m busy editing the content for the first interview, and I feel that many people will really connect with the story. I’m excited to get more feedback. It should be up next week.

6. Pingback: Living Abroad Series - Expat Interview with Suheyla Ilgaz - Part 1 | Expat Life in Belgium, Travel and Photography | CheeseWeb

7. Comment by Cindy Allen

Cindy Allen February 28, 2012 at 01:36

Hey, Jon —

Great first video! It’s so nice to see your mug! I can tell this is your element. I’m looking forward to the whole series.

8. Pingback: Living Abroad Series – Expat Interview with Ina Wermelskirchen | Expat Life in Belgium, Travel and Photography | CheeseWeb